Monday, August 22, 2011

Important beer



Back in college I used to consider Heineken to be a "fancy" beer. And by "fancy" I mean that I couldn't afford it. Advertisers had convinced me that only stock brokers were allowed to drink the green bottle import beers. I, however, was limited to the domestic suds, but not even the name brands. I'm talking about the bang for your buck beers. $15 Keystone Light 30 packs were what you would find in my fridge.
My palate has grown and so has my wallet (barely). I have surrendered my shotgun loaded full of natty lite, and now I pour cans of craft beer into a glass. I sip rather than chug, and I enjoy my nights as much as I enjoy my mornings. I have matured and consider myself to drink like a responsible adult, but my expectations of what that meant have been surpassed… I've forgotten about the beer that I always lusted after. The skunky green bottle beer is not the only option. I never receive a holiday five pack. So, every now and again when I find myself staring at the wall of beers for a little too long I remember an old crush, and treat myself to something fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment